- 17-Mar-2014 to 16-Apr-2014 (EST)
- Programs and Services
- Pontiac, MI, USA
Energetically welcomes each guest or caller to the Resource & Crisis Center (RCC). Works as a team member in a community crisis center setting that serves all members in the community. Provides and maintains a supportive, hopeful, empathic, and engaging environment for individuals/families seeking help with crises.
• Cultivates a welcoming atmosphere that emphasizes trauma informed delivery of service.
• Greets and welcomes all guests who enter the Resource & Crisis Center lobby.
• Initiates prompt, courteous delivery of service by engaging guests to complete the Crisis Contact Form.
• Completes the Welcome Form in the consumer's Electronic Health Record (EHR) based on information from the Crisis Contact Form.
• Copies insurance and ID cards, prints Consent for Treatment from the EHR, and obtains signature from consumer/parent/guardian or defers to the Triage Clinician if explanation is necessary.
• Prepares and maintains adequate supply of forms that are in good format and up to date.
• Answers and transfers phone calls on behalf of all Common Ground programs at the RCC.
• Opens and distribute daily incoming mail. Check for outgoing mail and apply appropriate postage.
• Continuously manages a clean and comfortable environment for people served as well as co-workers.
• Coordinates appointments from the lobby to teams within the RCC.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Previous experience in a customer service role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Excellent customer service acumen and presentation.
• Ability to resolve guest conflict in a friendly, helpful manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and apply the dynamics of the crisis intervention model and engage in problem solving process.
• Ability to apply trauma informed principles and values.
• Ability to relate to diverse populations which includes a variety of age, sex, economic and educational background.
• Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team successfully.
• Knowledge of current intervention, behavioral management, and de-escalation techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work positively with co-workers and consumers.
• Proficiency in computer use and MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
JOB CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires the successful representation of Common Ground's mission and values.
• Enters the Welcome Form in the EHR within 10 minutes
• Works in a recovery oriented and supportive environment framework
• Adhere to established Quality Improvement Indicators
• Participate in training and orientation of new staff and interns
• The work environment may subject staff to behavioral and medical problems that could be physically hazardous
• Some local travel may be required
• Adheres to Common Ground policy on confidentiality.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!